International Images of Mother Theresa
© 2005 by SSND
Mother Theresa always preferred the poor, the young, and
regardless of their race. The painter, Jo„o Braz in
1993, united the four races
Brazil: Indian, Negro, Mulatto, and Caucasion. His
inspiration for this new
work came from the Mother Theresa picture by Josef
This wooden statue of Mother Theresa is the work
This wooden statue is the work of
This painting is located in the Gerhardinger School
library in Banica, Dominican Republic.
was painted by the students in 1987 in remembrance of
the sisters who ministered there.
This statue is located in Notre Dame High School in
is the work of Jiro Mojima. Words taken from YAS, C. 22
are carved on the base of the statue:
"If a person will be changed, the world will be
The stained glass window is in the regional house
These statues are in the garden of our African novitiate
Sunyani, Brong Ahafo, Ghana.
This painting by Erich Kllimek was displayed for
Mother Theresaís beatification
in St. Peterís Basilica in Rome in 1985.
This icon is the work of Sister M. Petra Tornay,
The original picture by Joseph Kastner is located in the
On the day of the beatification ceremony for Mother
Theresa, a large
reproduction of this painting was hung from a front
balcony of St. Peterís Basilica.
Painting of Mother Theresa by S. Kornela Kwasniewicz,
The girls are busy working with Mother Theresa. The
painting is in the
Motherhouse in Opole, Poland.
This picture by Sister Romana Zidar, SSND, shows Mother
with a group of children as the community of sisters
This banner is part of the Centennial
Celebration in the St. Louis Province.
Written on it are the names of the 3,125
members of the St. Louis Province
from 1895 to 1995. It is the work of
Sister Josephine Niemann, SSND.
The quilt was created at
the request of the province government committee for
Province Days 2002.
The committee wanted
something that would catch the eye and draw special
Mother Theresa. The
design was made by Cathy Sawicki and it was hand quilted
months by S. Mary Kay
Brooks, S. Annette Dobitz and S. Ann Carol Kaufenberg.
A "Legacy of Service" was
commissioned to commemorate the presence of the School
Sisters of Notre Dame
in the United States from
1847-1997.The figure on the right represents Blessed
Mother Theresa of Jesus
holding the original rule book of the congregation. The
figure at the left is
Mother Caroline Friess,
the first superior in the United States, whose hand
rests on a plow which
symbolizes the work she
undertook of "breaking new ground."
It is the work of G. E.
Copyright © 2005 by SSND